Welcome to my little corner! I am so thrilled you are here and hope to see you back. This blogsite is loaded with visual stimulation, new products, ideas and crazy stuff that runs across my mind. Also included will be many grammer mistakes and misspellings I am sure.

My name is Brandy. I will be your guide. I am also a people watcher, day dreamer, artist, flexitarian, guerilla artist, Sweet Potato Queen, music lover, member of the Metal Pounders Union, and photographer.

I absolutely love my job and the opportunities I have to meet the people that I do.

Wanda and Gail

For those of you that do not know about this project you can go back here to read the introduction to it. http://mebkp.blogspot.com/2011/01/make-difference.htmlThis is Wanda and Gail, my March peeps...

Today I want to introduce you to two very special women that were nominated by their daughter and niece.
The original idea for this project was to introduce very special people that I know to others and it was truly my honor to be introduced to Gail and Wanda.



Mandy their niece and daughter had planned this interview for a while but was unable to work it out until recently. Gail and Wanda showed up at my studio dressed in beautiful jewel toned blouses. When I asked them if Mandy had given them a basic idea of what they were there for Gail spoke up and said " I don't have a clue. I guess we are here to have pictures made." I jumped right in and said "Mandy didn't tell you that you had to get naked?" When they snapped back and laughed I knew we were in for a good time. I explained the project to them and why Mandy had nominated them and the tears started flowing. Before it was over I was crying too.

I immediately learned into the interview that they had recently lost their mother. A very hard time for a child. I remember being in that place, losing a parent. Everything makes you emotional. I honestly think the interview was good for both ladies to really speak of their mother. The interview quickly turned into her interview being spoken through both of her daughters who highly admired her.
They both in unison stated that their mother was an unselfish woman. She did everything for the family and was truly the backbone. She never worried or complained about her role as the backbone of the family. Often cleaning their rooms for them without them having to lift a finger. They strive to be more and more like her.

In giving the world one piece of advice Gail spoke first saying, "Go with Jesus." and Wanda "Enjoy every moment because life is short." They both said "Everything happens for a reason."



Both of them spoke of how proud they were of their families. Working hard themselves to be the backbone of their own family. They agreed that children are a product of their environment and thrived to raise their children with the same values they were raised in.

Mandy arrived deep into the interview and spoke of her "mothers" as she called them both. "Always going the extra mile not just for her but for everyone." She stated she could not live without them.



Both ladies have become their mother. Beautiful, strong, influential women and I am not even sure if they even realized it until that day. The interview that was meant for them became their mothers which is what they have become.
Oh yeah, Wanda I haven't forgotten. I want to see swimming pictures before the end of the year and line dancing images from you Gail. I am holding you to your promises. Thank you ladies, It was truly my honor to meet you and share you with the world.

After reading this Gail added: One thing I would like to say is, strength is not something we are born with, it has to be learned, therefore it has to be taught, this I believe is something our mom did indeed teach her children! The trials & struggles we go thru in life are only an opportunity to use the lessons we have been taught by the amazing people in our lives!

If you know someone special and want to nomiate them for this project please email me at brandykphotography@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. this is very special what mandy has done for wanda and gail..

    ReplyDelete