Welcome to my little corner! I am so thrilled you are here and hope to see you back. This blogsite is loaded with visual stimulation, new products, ideas and crazy stuff that runs across my mind. Also included will be many grammer mistakes and misspellings I am sure.

My name is Brandy. I will be your guide. I am also a people watcher, day dreamer, artist, flexitarian, guerilla artist, Sweet Potato Queen, music lover, member of the Metal Pounders Union, and photographer.

I absolutely love my job and the opportunities I have to meet the people that I do.

Make a Difference

The phone call she has been waiting for all day comes. Suddenly grief stricken as the words she never wanted to hear are said, "I'm sorry but it is cancer."

You can only imagine what goes through her mind not only at that moment but every moment until it is time to hurt no more. There are good days and very, very bad days. One day an emotional breakdown had caused her eyes to be swollen, her nose red and she had a look of tiredness all over from crying all day. She tried to hide her pain behind sunglasses as she stood in line to get the few items she needed for her family.

When it was her turn at the checkout the cashier reached out, touched her hand and said "Honey, I don't know what is going on but I want you to know you are loved."

The lady was my friend and she told me that was so comforting to hear at that moment. I don't know who the lady was behind the counter but I would love to meet her and hug her for making my friend have a few moments of peace. She was a stranger and did not know my friends circumstances.

I believe that there are some people that do more than just make it through this world. They make a difference. This cashier did for my friend.

I am introducing you to some of these people in 2012. My first interview and portrait session is with Holly Bryant Smith. A lady who truly sees the miracle of life every single day.

Keep an eye out for her story next week.

If you would like to nominate someone for this project please feel free to email me at brandykphotography@gmail.com.



Keep making a difference

No comments:

Post a Comment