Welcome to my little corner! I am so thrilled you are here and hope to see you back. This blogsite is loaded with visual stimulation, new products, ideas and crazy stuff that runs across my mind. Also included will be many grammer mistakes and misspellings I am sure.

My name is Brandy. I will be your guide. I am also a people watcher, day dreamer, artist, flexitarian, guerilla artist, Sweet Potato Queen, music lover, member of the Metal Pounders Union, and photographer.

I absolutely love my job and the opportunities I have to meet the people that I do.

Fannie Lieber

I love Will and Grace. I have seen every single episode. I mean that; every single episode at least twice and I still laugh as loud as I possibly can when I watch it.

One episode was with Fannie Lieber (sound familiar?). She is a famous photographer and Will wins a session with her. Of course he carries Grace and they are so excited at the opportunity to have Fannie shoot their session.

Grace says: I love her! She is so edgy. She's genius. She once took a picture of Martha Stewart when she wasn't selling anything. She looked so vulnerable. I just wanted to hug her but I couldn't, cause she's Martha Stewart, you know.

When they got to Fannie's studio they were so nervous to meet such a famous photographer let alone be included in her new book that was to be released. When she appeared they were disappointed. Grace actually said she was like a sad clerk at Blockbuster. She disappeared to "reload." When she appeared again she was WILD! She starts giving out orders on how to pose, gimme this, gimme that. Yelling, music blaring, chest out, lower, lower, lower and she passes out while they are there, all within a few minutes.

Of course they had been in the presence of photography royalty so they go with it. When the envelope finally arrives with their picture from the session, Will is not happy with how he looks. He decides to ask for a reshoot. Fannie is surprised because she has never been asked for a reshoot but she goes with it. After seeing their portrait from the reshoot Grace is not happy with how she looks and they go back for a second time.

Of course wild, eccentric Fannie is tired of it by now and says she is not doing a reshoot. Upset that they are so consumed with their looks she tells them they need to have a baby and get out of her life. They look at each other laughing and then think seriously about it. Fannie shoots really quickly and it is the shot. The one shot that truly shows who they are and how they feel at the moment.

I can relate to Fannie. Not that I am wild and eccentric, although I have been called both but true emotion is sometimes hard to catch. You have these ideas that set you apart from others or at least want to be set apart, but you still have to capture a true look in your photography. One of my favorite things about a session is when I ask him to look at her. They both giggle and smile instantly. No need to say anything else. Its ok to have a good time having a session. Its ok to laugh and talk to the photographer. Its ok to walk around. Its ok to not smile. True emotion is not always shown when directed.

And I can certainly relate to the passing out! I did that Sunday after my maternity session. Guess we all need to "reload" sometimes...Until then

Keep Rockin

2 comments:

  1. I can honestly tell you that you do "capture the moment" like none I have ever seen. One of my favorite pictures of Frank and I are the ones where you and Ben snapped the camera with me laughing. THE BEST EVER of both of us. :) Keep up the great work girly! I've missed reading your stuff while I'm down here. Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you Kelly! I love that picture too.

    ReplyDelete