Welcome to my little corner! I am so thrilled you are here and hope to see you back. This blogsite is loaded with visual stimulation, new products, ideas and crazy stuff that runs across my mind. Also included will be many grammer mistakes and misspellings I am sure.

My name is Brandy. I will be your guide. I am also a people watcher, day dreamer, artist, flexitarian, guerilla artist, Sweet Potato Queen, music lover, member of the Metal Pounders Union, and photographer.

I absolutely love my job and the opportunities I have to meet the people that I do.

Catching the Robin

When I was little my parents told me if I sprinkled salt on a robin's tail he would turn around to eat it, be distracted and I could catch him. Never realizing if I could get that close I could catch him anyway. So if you remember me running around the yard with a salt shaker when I was younger that is probably what I was doing, not taking tequila shots.

I have sprinkled a lot of salt since then. Salt on wishes, trust, and love just to name a few. Hoping to catch them. Even though at times in my life the those things had let me down I still tried. I have wondered sometimes if I tried too much. I wonder sometimes if I want too much.

(A little side note on my relationship with robins) My cousin knocked a robin's nest out of a tree when I was little and I didn't stop him. The eggs broke and when I told my parents they said I was just as guilty because I did nothing to stop him. They also told me robin's were mad at me. Every time one landed in the yard I was scared to death, let two or more show up and I thought they were having an uprising. Man, no wonder I am a wacko!

Maybe this is it and I am missing it all because I always have my salt shaker. I think we are all given crossroads in our life. Choices. Which path do you take? Reach down and catch him or carry a salt shaker around? A couple of years ago I started reaching down. I became a better person too although a more curious person. Am I reaching far enough? Have I actually caught my robin? Guess time will tell.

Put the salt shaker down (its not good for your blood pressure) and take a chance with your eyes closed. Maybe you will catch the robin...Until then

Keep Rockin

No comments:

Post a Comment